We Believe in Fair Trade
- Our products have not been produced or sold by forced labor
- Our products have not been produced or sold by exploitative child labor and no children work for us
- The wages paid by our company are sufficient to secure the existence and/or living of the workers employed
- Fair working conditions prevail, and nobody is discriminated against because of gender, skin color, origin or religious affiliation
- Humane conditions prevail (no health or safety hazards)
Though folkdesign was established in Munich in 2011, our roots go far and deep in our home country – India. It all started with a partnership with local artisan on a project during fashion design course. That partnership opened our eyes to this diverse and colorful world of Indian folk art and how a simple piece of fabric or wood, crafted by talented people can represent rich history and culture of India.
That one partnership lead us to the desire for a global platform that can showcase wide range of folk arts and support the network of talented artisans. This partnership and integration of traditional folk art with modern fashion design is folkdesign.
Feel free to contact us at email@example.com or find us at Summer and Winter Tollwood in Munich.
Behind every product, our goal is always to support the artisans / craftsmen with fair trade practices because we want them to thrive and support their family as well as conserve these traditional arts that were passed down for many generations.
Most of our products are made out of canvas, hand spun cotton or wool, leather and/or vegan leather featuring traditional techniques like,
- Hand block printing
- Hand embroidery
- Hand woven
- Patch work
- Leather art